Vegetables play an important role in our lives. Let’s do it more healthy and cook this velvety and creamy cauliflower soup.
Sautéing capsicum and roasted cashews is great topping to the soup, infused with spices.
! Don’t forget to adjust the level of chilli seasoning to make the soup less or more spicy. 🙂
1 medium head of cauliflower (600-700g/1.5 pounds),
cut into medium-size florets
1+1 garlic cloves, a slightly crushed
1 small onion
1/2 Tbsp butter
1+1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cream cheese
100 ml single cream
100 ml vegetable broth (or water) + some warm water
3-4 Tbsp cashews, roasted and crushed
1 tsp dry basil
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (or 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder)
2-3 tsp chilli flakes or chilli seasoning
3-4 tsp chopped parsley and/or basil
1 tsp olive oil per plate, for dressing, optionally
- In a soup pot, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil and butter. Add the onion and cook until soften but not browned for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic, cook for 5 minutes. Pick out and discard the garlic.
- Add the broth and water, season with basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil on a frying pan, add the capsicum and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Pick out and discard the garlic.
- Purée the soup until very smooth. Season with the nutmeg. Stir in the cheese and cream.
- Rewarm it over medium heat (just few minutes). If necessary, add more water to thin the cauliflower soup.
- Serve with capsicum on the top; sprinkle with fresh basil, parsley, chilli and cashews.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, if desired.
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.