For many people St.Valentine Day is red roses, dinner in a restaurant, chocolate desserts and other heart-shape stuff. Does it seems boring only for me? I think, the best way to diversify this ‘red’ day is by trying something new, like eat non-chocolate dessert, or if you always go out this day stay in to cook a decadent dinner for two. Unleash your creativity! It can be flavorsome salmon steaks or roast quails, you can experiment with sauces.. A small change can have a huge effect! 😉
A perfect St.Valentine Day can be started by serving a late breakfast that will get both of you in the loving mood. Ready to leave an impression? Prepare these amazing Russian red blini (pancakes)! Beets give pancakes stunning color and delicate sweetness. They are the perfect way to treat those you love!
Russian red blini
- Puree cooked beet with hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Add milk, water and stir.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt and sugar. Add it to the batter along with oil; stir.
- Sift flour and add it to the batter. Stir to combine.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the frying pan and fry thin pancakes as usual. You can make any diameter you like.
- Serve warm with sour cream or other garnish.