I want to thank all for your lovely comments on my previous post!
What’s the weather in your country? What do you do to stay chilled? Hiding at home, eating ice cream all days long or chilling near the swimming pool with a cocktail..;) In Dubai almost everybody is hiding inside houses, malls.. Moreover, it’s Ramadan, to drink or eat in public is prohibited until the sunset.
I’m trying to eat more balanced and healthful meal this month, like the below salad. It’s summery and..just eat the salad, man! 😀
Salad with sauteed vegetables
Aromatic herbs make it so good and appetizing! Eat as is or with grilled sausages.
2 zucchini/6-7 baby/~600g
2 medium apples, juicy and sour
6 cherry-tomatoes or 1 large tomato
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic, smashed
zest and juice of half lemon
1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 dried
2-3 Tbsp parsley/coriander/mint, finely chopped
salt, white pepper to taste
1-3 Tbsp olive oil
- Cut the onion and slice into half moons. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until tender.
- Chop the tomato and apples, add to the pan along with garlic and thyme, mix and sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Discard the garlic, put the vegetable mixture in a bowl, set aside and keep in a warm place.
- Slice zucchini, add it to the frying pan along with lemon zest and sauté on a medium hit until tender. Add more oil if needed.
- Add the veg mixture into zucchini, mix and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Put all the veggies in a big serving bowl, add mint and/or parsley, salt&pepper and squeeze lemon juice. Drizzle some extra olive oil over the salad, if desired.