Hello my dear blogofriends, foodies and readers! Hope you’ve been missing my posts. I’ve got a huge news for you – I birthed new life: became a first time mom. 🙂 I am literally in a different world. World filled with love, joy, sleepless nights and all kind of things. Needless to say, it’s all new, overwhelming and touchy to me. Almost all the time I’m busy with by little bear, the rest hours I’m eating, sleeping and again eating. I haven’t cooked anything interesting for ages, but I do hope I will be back into the foodblogolife soon..
Plum tart tatin
- For the pastry, sift flour and add all other ingredients until just combined. Shape into a disk and chill for 20 minutes. Roll into a 3-4mm disk to suit your baking dish.
- In a pan add sugar with water, leave to soak for few minutes. Heat on a medium heat until golden. Turn off the heat. Stir in butter, add plums and saute for 5 minutes.
- Transfer plums into baking tin (or leave in the same pan if it’s oven-safe) with the liquid. Cover with pastry (slightly tuck the edges).
- Bake in preheated 190C oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden-brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes or so, then carefully flip over into a large serving plate.
- You can eat it as is or there are few options to serve it with: whipped or Greek cream, creme fraiche or frozen vanilla yogurt.