This simple, good-looking and so-delicious bake is a time-saving dish for busy week days, or when you’re tired but still want to prepare homey food. I love one-pot recipes, whether its made on a hob or in the oven, they are always comforting, full of flavor and tasty!
For this bake I used young potatoes, that can be substitute with regular, but make sure to slice it very thinly. Want better and quicker? Use boiled or roast potatoes! For the vegetarian option – omit the bacon.
Also the bake can be great and tasty work lunch, you can see it’s not difficult or time-intensive task. Homemade lunches are definitely healthier than any fast food, you know every single ingredient in it, also you can make it balanced, nutritious and satisfying. Beyond that, such home-packed meals is one of the simplest ways to trim your budget.
Vegetable bake with mozzarella and bacon
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
- Slice and fry bacon (without any oil). Transfer to paper towel to absorb exsess fat. Set aside.
- While the frying pan is still hot, add leek to it and saute on a medium heat for few minutes. Do not let it brown.
- Throughly wash and rub potatoes, thinly slice. Roughly chop capsicums. Put vegetables in a bowl, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, spices, season with salt and stir well.
- Spread leek on the baking dish. Add vegetables.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add bacon, mozzarella and pecorino/parmesan, and bake for 5-10 minutes more. If you have grill, put the baking dish under the grill for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and extra pecorino/parmesan, if desired.
- Serve with green salad.