When I wake up in the late morning or almost afternoon I need something quick, tasty and preferably high-protein, like this morning bake. You need max 10 minutes to assemble all ingredients together, including calcium-rich and diet-friendly cottage cheese, always-adored vanilla and some fruits! While, it’s baking you have enough time for the morning routine. And don’t forget to prepare a freshly-brewed tea: English Breakfast or White tea is a good pairing for this healthy treat. Have a lovely weekend, guys! 🙂
Healthy Morning Bake
1 egg, at room temperature
2 tbsp white sugar (or more to taste)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
180-200g tvorog (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp semolina
few tbsps of full-fat milk
1 large apple
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 large banana
1 tbsp brown or raw sugar, optional
1 tsp butter for greasing
sweet condensed milk or sour cream, for serving
- Wash, peel (optional) and grate apple, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside. Slice banana.
- In a small bowl, add semolina and some milk just to cover it, microwave on a high temperature for few seconds until it’s warm.
- Beat or whisk the egg with sugar, vanilla and cinnamon for few minutes.
- In a large bowl, smash tvorog with a folk to make it smooth.
- Add semolina and beaten egg mixture into tvorog; stir to combine. Mix in grated apple.
- Grease the baking tin. Arrange half of banana slices on the bottom, sprinkle with brown sugar (optional). Pour in tvorog mixture. Top with the rest banana slices and sprinkle with more brown sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 200C oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the fresh water and make a teapot of your favourite tea. Cut a good slice of the tvorog-bake and serve with a dollop of sour cream or drizzle with sweet condensed milk.