Hello, folks! December just started and I’ve already seen a glorious amount of mouth-watering cookies and holiday cakes! And may be now you are sipping a huge cup of hot chocolate and browsing through the internet, searching for inspiration, new ideas for the Christmas eve, or probably watching snowflakes settle on trees and ground. I can see how it falls only on some websites and photos, so far. 😀
Besides making and baking numerous amount of cookies, we need to cook a normal food as well, or at least order a pizza. You will always have something quick and tasty to eat for dinner with a chicken breast on hand! It is versatile, quick-cooking, protein-rich and low in fat, does it sound tempting? Delicious skinless and boneless chicken breasts stuffed with parsley and cream cheese, covered with breadcrumbs and baked on a bed of beans. This flavorful chicken dish is perfect for any day of the week or dinner occasion.
I’m bringing this tasty dish to all beautiful and lovely people, who has been parting at Fiesta Friday (Oh my #45 already), enjoy the dish and the weekend!
Stuffed chicken with beans
Adapted from “one pot meals/hamlyn”
For the filling
90g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
1 Tbsp finely grated pecorino or parmesan cheese, optional
25g butter, room temperature
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/3 tsp freshly ground white pepper
For the stuffed chicken breasts
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can X 530g (drained weight) flageolet beans
70-80ml chicken or vegetable stock, homemade preferable
70-80ml dry white wine
3 Tbsp coarse breadcrumbs, homemade preferable
1 sprig of fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
2 Tbsp olive oil+ 1 Tbsp butter, for frying
sea salt, white or black pepper, to taste
- For the filling. In a small bowl, beat cheeses, butter, garlic, herbs and seasoning. Using a small knife, make a horizontal cut in each chicken breast. Divide the filling and pack it into breasts, secure with toothpicks. Season the chicken breasts outside with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil with butter in the casserole and fry chicken breasts on both sides until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Put drained beans into casserole, add stock, wine and thyme, season to taste. Arrange the chicken breasts on top. Cover and place in preheated 190C/375C oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Put breadcrumbs in a small frying pan with some olive oil and heat until breadcrumbs begin to brown. Set aside.
- Remove the casserole lid, spread breadcrumbs over the chicken breasts. Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to serving plates, put beans alongside.
Enjoy with a glass of white wine or as is!