There are thousands recipes of oatmeal cookies, I guess. Needless to say, I prefer homemade cookies to store-bought. Homemade is homemade, right? Plus I can vary the amount of sugar, thus you can feel that you’re eating oat cookies, not sugary cookies with oats! And of course, you can add your fav nuts or chocolate chips as much as you like. 😀 Personally, I don’t like chocolate chips in cookies. I add it sometimes too, but almost never do it; choco chips contain more sugar than pure chocolate; so if I deliberately reduce the sugar in a recipe why should I add more sugar but in another form.. I prefer roughly chopped dark chocolate, it’s healthier and adds much more flavour and taste! Add a small handful of dried berries or fruits for extra deliciousness! 🙂
Oatmeal Cookies with dates
- In a bowl, whisk flour with fine oats, salt, baking powder and spices.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars until creamy about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture into cookie batter and whisk/beat until combined.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and dates.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment. Scoop in cookies, leaving the space between cookies about 4-5cm. With wet hand flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake in preheated 180C oven for 15 minutes or until light golden.