Transformer movie is now showing in cinemas here, I’ve already watched it, and you? I know it’s totally not girly film, but all those metal giants.. Don’t you want to be friends with one of those robots? 😀 The below pie is also like transformer. Why don’t you invite friends for a dinner and make a surprise for them, say that you had time to prepare only sugary pie with meringue top.. They didn’t guess until you begin to cut it.. Surprise! You’ve got a slice full of savory filling!
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry (4mm/0.15inch thick) and cut a 28cm/11inch disc. Line a baking dish, pop into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into small cubes or strips; put in a bowl, add 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon (optionally), cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and oil, add onion and mushrooms, fry on a moderate heat for 10-15 minutes. Add mushroom mixture to the chicken and combine.
- Beat whole egg and egg yolk with remaining sour creme.
- Take out the baking dish. Spoon the chicken mixture in, pour over beaten eggs.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C/360F for 40-45 minutes.
- Beat egg whites with a good pinch of salt until firm peaks. Optionally, you may gently fold in cheese.
- Take out the pie. Spread the meringue mixture over the pie, bake for 20 minutes more or until slightly brown.
- Allow pie to cool for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Check out another recipe – Kournik, Russian chicken pie!